Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Music in Substitution of Angry Rant


"This song really cures the will to live"
-Fave quote from Definitely, Maybe

I have, throughout the past several days, been trying to write a response to Love's Apology in F major, Waltz Time.  It would be an understatement for me to say that I've been pretty pissed off at the prospect of having to apologize for the things said in photographs and writing-and it seems as though over the past month or so, we have been urged to do just that.  

Heres the thing:

And I believe I can speak on behalf of Love as well when I say that there isn't anything written or depicted here that is personally incriminating or that hasn't been spoken of prior to the individual in question.  FURTHERMORE, (I speak for myself alone, although I'm sure Love would agree) I feel as though I've been a bit more gentle than I have needed to be.  

So this in a nutshell is the blog I have been interrupted from in the past few days.  In short: I'm not sorry for anything I have said in my photos or words.  I pick them carefully for a reason.

BUT that isn't the blog I want to write today.  

Instead I want to respond to Love's music blog.  

She listed some music she listens to when she writes, and I'm going to list the music I put on when editing photos.  Thematically, most of mine are similar sad songs, because it is difficult to produce anything wonderful when you are happy.  It is a cruel truth.

Which is probably why I haven't made anything good lately...

Here goes-




Baton Rouge: Lou Reed


Tiny Vessels: Death Cab for Cutie

Paper Bag: Fiona Apple

Hurt: Johnny Cash

Behold! The Nightmare: Smashing Pumpkins

Just like Tom Thumb Blues: Bob Dylan

Pretty Good Year: Tori Amos

Dosed: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Living Room: Tegan and Sara

Wandering Star: Portishead

Divorce Song: Liz Phair

Pretty Girl from Chile: Avett Brothers

Truly, Truly: Grant Lee Buffalo

Rockville: R.E.M.

Lake of Fire: Nirvana cover of Meat Puppets song

Caroline: Old Crow Medicine Show

Caroline: David Grey

Candy Says: The Velvet Underground

You're Not the Only One I know: The Sundays

Street Spirit: Radiohead

Chicago: Sufjan Stevens

Sun or Snow: Chuck Regan and Austin Lucas







2 comments:

~John said...

Might I suggest:
"Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley

:)

The New Glitterati said...

I love you, I love my name, and I love all of these songs.