Tuesday, August 12, 2008

(Most of the) Day Off

"Here or there does not matter
We must be still and still moving"
-Eliot, East Coker

This scene is ironically both one of my earliest memories as well as a fixture of my everyday.  As a very small child I remember laying on my back on my grandfather's sailboat, looking up, and seeing these towers.  Today, I can walk to the end of my parent's street and see these across the river.  When I see these towers I know I'm close to home.


This is possibly the worst picture of me I've posted anywhere.  I just wanted to let you all know that I do bait my own hooks as well as pull off my own fish.  None of this girly nonsense over here.
"Katie crop" of my stepdad fishing.
Eastern Shore represent!
This ashtray has a beanbag attached to the bottom.  It goes nowhere!  


I like the one because the horizon is CRAZY


I've often said that living inland would be my worst nightmare.  Savannah is built on a river, but even this didn't suffice.  The water was inaccessible.  Tanker ships were the only vessels in that water.  The ocean wasn't too far, so that made it a bit better.  Those 2 years were hard on me partially for that.  Before then I'd never gone more than a few months (the winter) without being on the water.  There is nothing I love to do more than lay completely still and feel a boat rock beneath me.  To be still and still moving.

1 comment:

The New Glitterati said...

I totally once tried to climb those towers with Ian May in high school.

They're kind of high-up.