Wednesday, March 11, 2009

No more lost years

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia."
-E.L. Doctorow

Due partly to the recent discovery of my grad school journals, and partially on account of encouragement by Love and Lee, I've decided to write again.  It has been over two years that I've written anything personal at length.  I can't help but feel like those have been lost years.  I'll look back and remember what happened during that time, but I won't remember how it felt (which is often wholly more important).  So stay tuned.  I'm definitely not going to repeat much of it on here, but I'll throw a few gems at you all every now and then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few gems. How kind of you. I just wrote in my own journal last night that the most accurate description of it might be as another part of my body, or a separate but still connected part of me. Which I think is what Doctorow is saying in that quote. It's cool to be psycho, as long as it's on paper.

sarah said...

write all you want baby as long as you keep taking/posting those deep and beautiful photos of yours. who needs words when there are photos!

The New Glitterati said...

I don't feel that your years have been lost. I feel that, sometimes, you can say as much in a photograph as I can say in ten blog posts. That's not to say that you undermine the "voice" of your photography or take it for granted; it's just a compliment to you, knowing you as I do, that you have multiple mediums in which you record and communicate your life, and that they are all good and well-executed.