Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hate Poetry...



... Instead of love poems.  They were created a few nights ago in an intoxicated fit that I regret not being a part of.  These are courtesy of my friends Love and Lee...

And these are precisely why we are friends.

"Lets make this one count
if you were being pulled
limb from limb
by ravenous wolves
big ones
I'd cheer"
-Lee


"'Of course I still want to be friends,'
is what he said to Eva in the bunker
before they popped their final cocktail."
-Love


"My liver, like my heart,
has taken a beating this time.
Luckily, my liver will bounce back.
I'm not worried about my heart.
I melted it down,
molded it into a bullet,
and loaded it into my father's twenty-two.
It's for you.
You always wanted my heart.
-Lee

1 comment:

The New Glitterati said...

You were there in spirit.

Believe me.