Sunday, February 8, 2009

A year in the making...

"For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation."
-Rainer Maria Rilke

So this was one of the first photos I had planned on taking in Annapolis.  Back in December of '07 my step dad had me installing ceiling tiles with him in the Naval base barracks on the other side of the Severn.  This tree can be found behind the building that houses both the dorms as well as the dining hall.  I was absolutely captivated by these boots dangling in the tree: maybe beautiful and slightly morbid...which just happens to be my most favorite combination EVER.  haha.

I didn't actually take this photo until late November 2008.  SOME of the waiting can be attributed to the fact that I really wanted to wait until I could get the "it is about to snow" looking sky for the background.  I finally got out to take this photo the at sunrise the day after the last time I saw Boh.  I was terrified that the shoes would be gone or that I would get arrested for trespassing, but I lucked out.

1 comment:

The New Glitterati said...

Ohhh my God, I love that quote. I am totally stealing it.