Monday, December 29, 2008

Hope...?

PHOTO BY JOHN BARDUHN.  CIRCA 2006

"When you're lost in the rain in Juarez when its Easter time too, and your gravity fails and negativity don't pull you through..."
-Bob Dylan

I am quite touched to be a part of my best friend's book.

She has asked me to supply her photos that will coordinate with the chapters she has written.

We talked about it on Christmas Eve over Baileys and red wine.  Lots of things verbalized in her book flirt with tragedy, loss and hurt; topics for which I could easily supply photos.  However, there is one problem.  She spoke to me at length about wanting to include photos of "hope" in her book.

How the hell do I do that?

3 comments:

~John said...

I think its gonna be easier than you think! Congrats on being apart of an awesome project! (Can I get a little photo love on the above photo? Props, perhaps? ;) )

sarah said...

lol Jonn is great wanting props!

Katie just think of it this way. when you are looking stright at the loss and hurt turn around and look the other way and you will find hope.

it is there, i know you have had a hard time seeing it but you will find it.

The New Glitterati said...

"Fucking dew drops on roses?"

You can do it!!!!!! I cannot WAIT to see these photos.